The Mohammed VI Foundation of African Oulema section in Niger organizes a scientific conference under the theme of: African Islamic heritage in Niger between the past, present and future Prospects, on Saturday and Sunday 17-18 Dhu al-Qi’dah 1440 H, corresponding to 20-21 July 2019.
Program of Activities Lineup:
First day – Saturday, July 20th,2019
- Recitation of verses from the Holy Quran -Mustafa Ben Malek, an International reciter from the Kingdom of Morocco
- Keynote address -The president of the section of the Mohammed VI Foundation of African Oulema section in Niger- Mr. Idrissa Magna Abdellah
- Speech of the African Islamic Heritage Committee – Mr.Hamid Lahmer, Professor of Higher Education at Sidi Mohamed Ibn Abdellah University in Fez
- Niger’s Oulema and their role in the African Islamic heritage – Dr. Yacouba Aliou, Associate Professor at the Faculty of Arabic Language at the Islamic University of Niger
- Islamic kingdoms in Niger – Dr. Elhadji Zaneidou Ousmane, the Director of Higher Arab Education at the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Creativity &Lecturer at Al Wifaq International University in Niamey
- Arabic African manuscripts in the National Library of the Kingdom of Morocco – Dr. Mohamed Al Farran, Director of the National Library in Rabat
- Towards fundamental Milestones to revive the African Islamic heritage text – Mr. Hamid Lahmer, Professor of Higher Education at Sidi Mohamed ibn Abdellah University in Fez
- Scientific centers in Niger – Dr. Mahadi Elhadji Maazou , Dean of the Economics and Business Admnistration faculty at the Islamic University in Niger.
- Manuscripts Centers of Islamic Heritage in Niger – Doctor Ayoub Gharba, Professor at the Islamic University in Niger.
Second day – Sunday, July 21th ,2019
- Recitation of verses from the Holy Quran – Mustafa Ben Malek, an International reciter from the Kingdom of Morocco
- The epic book of the manuscript: The Model of the Ibn Youssef Library in Marrakech – Mme.Hakima Shami, Director of Documentation and Cultural Activities Center in Casablanca (Habous)
- The role of Maliki’s jurisprudence heritage in the past, present and future in achieving unity between the north and south of the continent – Dr. Mohamed Al Amine Abdoul Mouheymine, Member of the Mohammed VI Foundation of African Oulema & Lecturer at Haj Mohammed Al Akt University in Niger
- The Civilizational Importance of the Islamic Manuscript in Africa and how to preserve it – Dr. Mohamed Adywan, Vice-President of Al Quaraouiyine University in Fez
- The Future of African Islamic Heritage in Niger -Professor Sakina Maman, Member at the Nigerien section of the Mohammed VI Foundation of African Oulema
- Participants’ speech
- Speech of the Section President – Mr. Idrissa Maiga Abdallah
- Speech of the Moroccan Delegation Representative – Dr. Mohamed Al Farran
- Overview and Recommendations
- Recitation of verses from the Holy Quran and Prayers to HM the King, Mohammed VI, Amir Al Mouminine
- Participants’ Certificates Distrubution