According to the objectives of the Mohammed VI Foundation of African Oulema related to the animation of intellectual, scientific and cultural action in relation to the Muslim religion, the first issue of the African Oulema Journal has been published, under the title:
“The efforts of African Oulema in the service of common religious constants”
This publication is part of the implementation of the decisions and recommendations of the Higher Council of the Foundation. Thus, the meeting of the presidents of the sections of the African countries held in Rabat on Wednesday and Thursday 21 and 22 Safar Al-Khair 1440 H, corresponding to 31 October and 1 November 2018 in its second ordinary session, decided to create a biannual scientific journal devoted to Islamic studies and the common constants between African countries, bearing the name of “Journal of African Oulema”. The decision was approved by the Higher Council of the foundation and all the members of its sections at its meeting in Fez on Saturday and Sunday 24 and 25 Safar Al-Khair 1440 H, corresponding to 03 and 04 November 2018.
This first issue was introduced by the speech delivered by Amir Al Mouminine, His Majesty King Mohammed VI, May Allah Assist Him, on the occasion of the installation of the higher Council of the Mohammed VI Foundation of African Oulema on 14 July 2016 at the Al Quaraouyine mosque, as well as the speech of Mr. Ahmed Toufiq, Minister of Habous and Islamic Affairs and Vice President of the Foundation.
Also, this issue includes more than twenty scientific articles on various topics, including:
- The African dimension of Moroccan Islam
- The dimensions of Imarat Al Mouminine in the African context
- Imarat Al Mouminine and inter-civilizational dialogue through the Call of Al-Quds
- The doctrinal and confessional common in African unity
- The efforts of African Oulema in the dissemination of the Malekite doctrine
Presentation of the African Oulema Journal
The Journal of African Oulema is a scientific journal devoted to Islamic studies and common religious constants among African countries published by the Mohammed VI Foundation of African Oulema. It contains scientific studies, translated research and monographies that serve the objectives of the Foundation, based on the service of Islam and Muslims and the union of the efforts of African Oulema in order to make known the values of the tolerant Islam, to disseminate and consolidate them. Hence, the articles are published in Arabic or other languages: French, English or Portuguese, among others.
Objectives of the African Oulema Journal
- Maintain the unity of Islam and Muslims in Africa;
- Unite the efforts of the African Oulema to make known the values of the tolerant Islam, to disseminate and consolidate them;
- Preserve the common religious constants between Morocco and Africa;
The team of the African Oulema Journal invites distinguished scholars and professors to participate by their articles in the second issue of the journal which main theme is the following:
“The Acha’arite school in the African context and its impact on the promotion of tolerance and peace”
For correspondence and inquiries:
Journal of African Oulema
- Phone-Fax : +212 (0) 5 35 96 66 39
- Email of the foundation: email@example.com
- Email of the editor in chief : Alamihamid49@gmail.com