The Dahir No 1-15-75 Ramadan 1436 (June 24th, 2015) Establishing “Mohammed VI Foundation of African Oulema” determined the objectives that the Foundation seeks to accomplish.
The Second Chapter of the Dahir in its fourth Article stipulates that the Foundation shall work to achieve the following objectives:
- Unify and coordinate the efforts Muslim Oulema, in Morocco and in other African States, to make known the values of a tolerant Islam, to disseminate them and to reinforce them;
- Take every initiative that allows the integration of religious values of tolerance in every reform on which depends the development process in Africa, be it at the level of the continent or at that of each country;
- Liven up the intellectual, scientific and cultural action related to the Muslim religion;
- Consolidate historical relations between Morocco and the other African States, and foster their development;
- Encourage the establishment of religious, scientific, and cultural centers and institutions;
- Work towards the revitalization of the common Islamic cultural heritage, make it known and ensure its dissemination, preservation and protection;
- Establish relations of cooperation with the associations and organizations that pursue similar objectives.