His Majesty the King Mohammed VI, the President of the Mohammed VI Foundation of African Oulema has appointed, Wednesday, June 24, 2018, Mr. Ahmed Toufiq. the Minister of Religious Endowments and Islamic Affairs Vice President of the Mohammed VI Foundation of African Oulema by Dahir No.1.15.75.
Tasks of the Vice President of the Mohammed VI Foundation of African Oulema
The Vice Presidency is the third apparatus of the Mohammed VI Foundation of African Oulema under Article 23 of Chapter IV of Dahir No. 1-15-75 of Ramadan 7, 1436 (June 24th, 2015) Establishing the Creation of the Mohammed VI Foundation of African Oulema and changed by Dahir No. 1-16-81 of Ramadan 16, 1437 (June 22th, 2016) Establishing the Transfer of the registered office of the Foundation to Fez.
The Vice President of the Mohammed VI Foundation of African Oulema is in charge of the following tasks:
- Managing the affairs of the Foundation and ensuring its smooth operation;
- Making provisions for the preparatory work necessary for holding meetings of the Higher Council;
- Implementing the decisions made by the bodies of the Foundation;
- Representing the Foundation to third parties and in court;
- Signing cooperation agreements and partnerships on behalf of the Foundation and submitting them to the Higher Council for approval;
- Preparing an annual report on the activities of the Foundation and submitting it to the Higher Council for approval.
The Vice President of the Foundation shall be the Official Spokesperson for the Foundation. He can appoint one of its members to deputize for him.
The Vice President may delegate, under his responsibility, part of his powers to the General Secretary.
Excerpt from the Biography of the Vice President of the Foundation
Mr Ahmed Toufiq was born on June 22, 1943 in Marigha (High Atlas of Marrakech). He was appointed Minister of Religious Endowments and Islamic Affairs by the Commander of the Faithful, his Majesty the King Mohammed VI since 2002 and passing by the Governments of 2007, 2012 and 2017.
Studies and diplomas
- Primary and secondary schooling in the High Atlas and in Marrakech (1951-64).
- Teacher Diploma (1963). Baccalaureate (1964).
- Bachelor’s degree in history, Mohamed V Faculty of Humanities and Human Sciences in Rabat (1968).
- Diploma in history and archaeology of Morocco (1969).
- D.E.S (equivalent of the 3rd cycle of doctorate) (1976).
- 1961-64 Teacher at l’Ecole Normale des Instituteurs in Marrakech.
- 1968-70 High school teacher, Rabat.
- 1970-89 Teacher (Assistant then Lecturer) at the Mohamed V Faculty of Humanities and Human Sciences (Department of History), Rabat.
- 1989-95 Director of the Institute of African Education, Mohamed V University, Rabat.
- 1995-2002 Curator of the General Library and Archives (Director of the National Library and Archives), Rabat.
- 2002 – Minister of Religious Endowments and Islamic Affairs, Rabat.
- 02 April 2010 His Majesty the King Mohammed VI, the Commander of the Faithful, appointed him as Chairman of the Foundation of the Hassan II Mosque of Casablanca.
- The Moroccan Society in the XIXth Century: 1850-1912 – Inoultane 1850-1912 (1984)
- Islam and development;
- The Jews of Demnat;
- Morocco and West Africa through the ages.
- Ibn Zidane (biography of a historiographer), (in Collaboration), 1999.
He has also engaged in several scientific activities and collaborated in writing the Encyclopedia of Morocco (alphabetical dictionaries of knowledge about the past and the present of Morocco).
Mr. Toufiq was a member of the Editorial Board of the journal of the Faculty of Letters of Rabat and the bibliographic directory, the le Livre Marocain, published by the l’association des Auteurs Marocains pour la Publication.
Mr. Ahmed Toufiq also distinguished himself as a novelist with “Jarat Abi Mussa” (The Neighbors of Abi Moussa- 1997) then “Assayl” (the Torrent-1998) and “l’Arbre et la Lune” (The Tree and the Moon).
- Jarat Abi Moussa (novel), 1997.
- Shujayrat Hanna wa Qamar 1998, (novel in Arabic, translation in French and published in Phébus, Paris in 2001).
- Assayl, (novel), 1999.
- L’Arbre et la Lune
- Gharibat al-Husayn, (novel) 2000.
Prepared and Annotated Texts
- Al-Tashawwuf of Ibn al-Zayyât (12è s.), Faculty of Letters in Rabat, 1983.
- Nashr al-mathânî of al-Qâdirî, 4 vols (18è s.), (in collaboration) 1979-86.
- Di AAmat al-Yaqin of ‘Azafi (ed.) SMER, Rabat, 1988.
- Nawazil al Jibal of Mohamed al-Kiki, Beyrouth, 1997.
- Afrique par Marmol (translation in collaboration), 3 vols, Rabat, 1985-89.
- L’Elite politique marocaine au XIX ème by Mustapha Chapi
- Dozens of articles published in various periodicals.
- Law and necessity, Conference, Berkeley University (USA), 1995.
- Assistant editor in the Encyclopedia of Morocco, “MAALAMAT AL MAGHRIB”
- Supervisor in numerous theses
- Presentation of dozens of publications
Academic Residences Abroad
- Dozens of articles published by different periodicals.
- Law and necessity, conference, Berkely University (USA), 1995.
- Wissam from the Throne of the order of Grand Officer
- Wissam from the Throne of the order of the Knight.
- Wissam from the Throne of the order of the Knight of Arts and Letters from the French Republic (1999)
- Award of Morocco of Book for the Literary Creation (1998)
- International member of the International Advisory Committee of the Memory of the World Program (UNESCO)