The Website of Moroccan religious constants, in collaboration with the Mohammed VI Foundation of African Oulema, is organizing an international scientific symposium under the theme: ” Introducing Oulema to Morocco’s religious constants”, in Fez, on Saturday and Sunday 25-26 Dhu Al-Qi’dah 1443H, corresponding to June 25-26, 2022.
The international symposium will know the participation of the presidents of the thirty-four sections of the Mohammed VI Foundation of African Oulema, the secretary general of the Higher Council of Oulema, the local councils of Oulema, the Moroccan Ulema Council for Europe, Presidents and deans of national universities, Al Qaraouyin University, the institution of Dar Hadith Al Hassania, The Mohammed VI Foundation for the Edition of the Holy Quran, the Mohammed VI Institute for the Training of Imams, Morchidine and Morchidate, the Mohammed VI Institute for Qur’anic Readings and Studies, the Directorate of Royal Documents, curators of national libraries and research centers, as well as researchers and local authorities.
The objectives of the international symposium are the following:
- Formulation of the legal anchoring of Moroccan religious constants, according to the Holy Quran, Sunna and Oulema’s sayings;
- Highlighting the efforts of His Majesty, the Commander of the Faithful, may God assist Him, regarding the preservation of religion and the protection of its religious constants;
- Presentation of the ties liking the religious constants and the Moroccan specificity, and their influence in Africa;
- Highlighting the role of religious constants in the preservation of national unity and the consolidation of religious values;
- Manifestations of religious constants in the spiritual sublimation of Sufi schools in Africa.
The symposium’s objectives will be the subject of several interventions within the following four themes:
I—Imarat Al Mouminine (The Commandery of the Faithful)
- Oulema’s sayings on the anchoring of its legitimacy;
- Oulema’s sayings on its foundation on the Allegiance Oath (the Baia’);
- Commitments of Amir Al Mouminine, may God assist Him, regarding the preservation of religion and the unification of Oulema’s efforts.
- Oulema’s sayings on its foundations according to the Holy Quran, the Sunna, and the Oulema sayings;
- Oulema’s sayings on its acquaintance with Sunni schools of jurisprudence;
- Oulema’s sayings on the anchoring of the Acha’arite dogma in the religious constants in Morocco and Africa.
- Oulema’s sayings on the ties linking the Malekite Doctrine to the national unity and the consolidation of religious values;
- Oulema’s sayings on the fundamental principles and jurisprudence of the Malekite doctrine;
- Oulema’s sayings on the Warch to Nafi’s reading and its links to the Malekite doctrine;
- D-Oulema’s sayings on the reasons for the Malekite doctrine adoption by the Kingdom of Morocco and African countries.
- Oulema’s sayings on Sunni Sufism, and its links to the Juneidite order;
- Oulema’s sayings on the prophetic perfections (innate qualities of the prophet) as the source of the Moroccan Sufism;
- Oulema’s sayings on the Sunni Sufism manifestations in the spiritual education in Morocco, and in other African countries.
The themes of the international symposium will be translated into six sessions: an opening session, followed by four sessions devoted to scientific interventions, which ends with a closing session.